NiNAnG Ni SaM
NOW I know how it is when they say, you would SEE YOUR LIFE FLASHING BEFORE YOUR VERY EYES. I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts, on right side the size of an orange (big) 8.8 cm and on the left was 6 cm. My doctor advised us to have them taken out because they have not changed in size after 8 mos. of observation.

I struggled. Hubby and I prayed, and sought others for prayers. I was afraid. A few months ago, a friend passed away unexpectedly from liver cancer. She was my peer in church and I was older by a year. What if it's time for me to check out too? Am I ready? What about E (hubby)? My family? Am I done here? So many questions...

Then as the time for my surgery approached, I received encouragements and prayers from friends by emails. The Lord has given us the financial provision here in Sg, otherwise we had to return to Manila for the operation and without the medical benefits. Can’t just imagine the bills and we have to stay longer. E reminded me, when we had his gallbladder taken out his recovery period was 1.5-2 months.

Finally I had the surgery last NOV 7, 07 at 7am. That morning I didn't have much sleep. But I was ready. The Lord was in control. He will see me through. That time I was lying on the gurney on my way to the operating room, in my head, I was singing gospel songs...praying...(commenting: ANG TAGAL NAMAN! ) then more...gospel songs...verses: even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for YOU ARE WITH ME….

When I came to, I was at the recovery room for the longest time. Next thing I knew, I was in the room with E. Later that evening my doctor came, showed us 2 pictures of the cysts. She told us they were able to take out all the cysts and that they are BENIGN, meaning not cancerous. PRAISE THE LORD! Then she gave us more advises for faster recovery and will come again to check up on me the next day.

I was more than rejoicing when it was time to go home! I was beside myself….(so happy!) makakatulog na rin ako ng maayos...or so I thought...at least now my sleeping time has increased to 4 hrs. (hehehe)

We thank the Lord for everything. For His care, guidance, love and healing power. He has also shown comfort through our family and friends who were praying and encouraging us. We are blessed. Not yet time to “check out”, therefore God has other “things”, HIS purpose lined up for me, as an individual…and for E and I, as a couple.

LOVING LIFE? Guess not, Living Life with a purpose. GOD’S.
A tall order? For somebody who came close to death's door , at one point or another you will ask yourself: what is my purpose in life?