NiNAnG Ni SaM
The Blessing of Life
"Waking up every morning is a blessing" I remember one of my friends say. It really is. How often do we stop and thank God for every breath we take? Or the blessing of just being here...or there?

Yesterday I was faced with 2 very different views. One of my friends, Ana (not her real name) was admitted in the hospital. Hers was a rare case. She have tried different doctors and medications. They say there is no other known case like hers. Yet she is full of life, hope and love. "The Lord sustains me", she says. Amen! Amen! For three years, she's been in and out of hospitals for various tests and scans. Ana and her family have grown closer and faith stronger.

Last night, I received an email from Terry (not her real name, as well) another good friend. "It's like I'm drowning..." she says. She's on the verge of giving up on life. Working 15 hrs a day, just to survive and so as not to be reminded of a life full of grief. In her mind she is "suffering", and would like to simply give up. Of course, I emailed her back ASAP. Prayed that she would seek the Lord who is the answer to all questions and situations.

I told her how I was in the same position a few years ago. I wanted more...More of life. Asking myself: Is there all there is to it? wala naman akong problema, I was happy too, lovelife? mukhang ok naman and family life, as well. Pero alam ko my kulang pa rin. Then I asked, should I die, san kaya ako pupunta? Morbid but these thoughts crossed my mind...

It was then I realized that the Lord sends people, like friends to encourage, and share the love of God...kahit ayaw mo. There were times, tinataguan ko pa si "S" because she was too persistent. Puntahan ka pa sa bahay at tadtarin ka ng tracts. Nahiya naman ako, and I considered her a good friend kaya nakikinig ako. It was then the Word she shared had taken root in my heart and when it was time, I received the Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior and I acknowledged that I was a sinner.

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Jesus Christ." Romans 3:23-24

"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved. Because it is with your hear that you believe and are justified, and it is with our mouth that you confess and are saved." Romans 10:9-10

I was so happy I was washed as "white as snow" because the promise was ...."I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. (Psalm 51:7) It was like a really heavy weight was lifted from my heart. Knowing that your sins are forgiven and now a child of God.

"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name he gave the right to become children of God - children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will but born of God." John 1:12

My life now, isn't without trials. They do come. But this time I won't be alone. I have the Lord to protect, guide and encourage me. He fights for me and reminds me constantly of His promises of love, peace and hope. Jesus is my Jehovah Nissi, the Lord is my Banner. (Exodus 17:15; Psalm 4:6)

I pray that my dear friend will seek the Lord and for sure she will find Him. Knocking...waiting on her heart's door. (Rev. 3:20) "I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and he with me.

"Ironic? Here are two different cases. One, desires to live inspite of the physical condition she has and the other, a bright and healthy woman..wants to give up on life. What is LIFE to us?

The bottomline is: It is the Lord Jesus who gives TRUE MEANING to our lives. He is the reason why we live. To worship Him and give him glory in all areas of our lives.
Dear Reader,
If you want to experience God's unfailing love and power in your life, please pray this simple prayer:

Dear Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. Forgive all my sins. Wash me clean as "white as snow". And I accept You, Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I believe in my heart that God raised you from the dead to save us. Now help me live my life in You. Thank you Lord you have forgiven me and accepting me as your child. In Jesus' Name I pray, amen.

After praying this:
1. It is important you read the Bible for it is the Word of God. Start with the Gospel of Mark. Then from there you can move on to the other Gospels and the Old Testament books. A study guide can be a great help. Let God speak to you through His Word.

2. Pray. Talk to God...pour our hearts to our Heavenly Father. The Lord wants to know what is in our hearts, our pains, our joys and even our inner most desires. Pray without ceasing.

3. Fellowship with other believers. It is important also that we as believers attend a fellowship with others to hear the Word of God being preached, pray and worship.
Take care. God loves you!
Posted by mindfull reflections at Thursday, July 19, 2007
Sunday, May 20, 2007