NiNAnG Ni SaM
C and I have been friends since high school. She's one friend I know who will always be there for me no matter what... For a time we've lost our connection. Somehow, I blame myself, because I assumed she's only a phone call away. I knew her contact no. and address. But how time flies and a lot can happen in a month, 6 mos. or a year...

After 2 yrs. I didn't realize we haven't really seen each other, perhaps we're both busy with work, or our schedules seemed impossible for us to set time to meet. She just started a new job, and in a relationship. In the same way, I'm so wrapped up with school work and busy taking care of hubby after office hours. I guess, by this time...we drifted apart.

Last March I came home, I had to see her. I missed our "chika-time". I tried calling the last 2 cell phone nos. I have of her. Zero....then I tried their 2 home nos., wrong number, both of them! I felt sad... I wondered how is it possible for us to drift apart and forget our friendship. Is the advancement of technology to blame? You know how easy it is to buy several sims and change cell nos. in the Phils. I changed mine, because I had to shift to a prepaid one (which is valid only up to 6 mos) and gave up my line since I was leaving the country soon. I thought of going to her house, but I was afraid to go by myself, with all the rumors of bombings... it was a good thing i didn't pursue the idea of looking for their house since they moved to a new home and surprisingly, near our house in marikina.

I tried several means, like chatrooms, search for old schoolmates or the alumni org. of our h.s. .... no sign of her. Later I searched for her at a new, and USO na website (friendster), even wrote some with the same last name... still no reply. I just hoped to trace her back when I go back home at the end of the year.

BUT GUESS WHAT! I searched once more at friendster, typed C's name...zero result. And another name (her sis) thinking she might be a member...YES! right nick, right profile...i found her sister!!! Of course, I inquired if she was so-and-so's sis...who studied in...etc. Then the following morning, I got an email....from my bestfriend and her sister! I was so happy!!!

Now we are emailing each other almost every day. And I hope that we can spend some time this Christmas together and now... i keep a neat record of her new contact nos.... ;)